Anschutz Exploration is now hiring Produced Water Manager for the Powder River Basin area.
The Produced Water Manager will be responsible for managing and operating AEC’s produced water facilities in the Powder River Basin. Responsibilities will include tracking associated data and reporting to management, managing water trucks to eliminate standby time, safe environmentally sound operation of AEC’s SWD facilities. This position prepares, maintains, and submits daily reports and records of water volume, well pressure and volume of chemicals used, etc. Develops and applies an understanding of facility issues. Strong personal commitment to safety and protecting the environment in all activities.
- Maintain regulatory, environmental and safety compliance in conjunction with and through close coordination with the Operations Engineers, Superintendents, Foremen, and Environmental Health and Safety Department
- Ability to stop work if unsafe conditions exist or are suspected
- Provide field wide contact with all personnel in the event of emergency or other significant occurrences
- Report daily production in Prams and ensure Spotfire is updating correctly
- Confirm all injection wells are functioning properly.
- Check tank gauges, maintain pumps and associated equipment.
- Perform operational checks of equipment and SWD facilities
- Monitor oil and water levels in all tanks. Push oil out of gun barrel and settling tanks when necessary
- Prepare oil for sale
- Monitor pit levels and switch production as needed
- Monitor and optimize chemical program
- Work with Production Foremen and other field personnel to optimize the use of water trucks and various offloading points to reduce truck time and eliminate standby time
- Work with completions and water transfer companies to pull water from pits and pipe produced water from other operators to AEC’s pits
- Skim oil off pits as necessary
- Witness gauging and tests, ensuring accuracy of run tickets as required
- Represent the company in delivery/receipt of materials and equipment
- Secure and maintain all company equipment, including but not limited to computers, vehicles, and analysis or test equipment
- Maintain facilities general upkeep, vegetation control, road maintenance etc.
- Maintain positive relationship with local, state, and Federal representatives and surface owners
- Maximize profitability
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Oil and Gas Industry
- Basic competency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Spotfire
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong commitment to business ethics and EH&S
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to easily adapt to changes in work environment, manage competing demands and deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Ability to remain calm in potentially stressful situations
- Ability to set priorities and follow through on projects with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills