Wellfield Operator Manger
Responsible for the management and coordination of wellfield operations, maintenance and repairs to achieve budgeted targets and costs. Maintain operations and compliance in disposal wells. Insure regulatory compliance in monitor sampling and operational well integrity testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyze production data to optimize WF operating and maintenance activities and maximize production and plant feed flow and grade.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the WF Operators and WF Service Techs, as necessary, to maintain WF regulatory compliance and achieve budgeted production targets.
- Short- and long-term project management of department assets to meet targets.
- Coordination of work and timing with Development, EHS and Management groups.
- Promote safety to reduce risk and cost in WF operations and maintenance.
- Research, select and purchase appropriate equipment, materials and supplies to ensure that departmental objectives are met and a reasonable inventory is maintained.
- Maintain regulatory compliance in all wellfield and disposal well activities.
- Develop and administer budgets to achieve short- and long-term production plans.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for the operating wellfields and disposal wells.
- Prepare, submit and maintain reports and records for Company, State and Federal reporting, especially as it pertains to regulatory agency reporting requirements.
- Supervise regular monitor well sampling programs and staff to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Supervises operational mechanical integrity well testing to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
The preceding examples are representative of the essential functions and assignments performed by this position and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Education and Qualifications:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- College Degree in a technical discipline and at least three years related experience and/or training – or – equivalent experience in a related discipline.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
- Driver’s license and insurance-eligible driving record.
- Ability to write detailed reports and correspondence as well as perform financial analysis with variance analysis and budgets.
- Ability to work with vendors and contractors including pricing and delivery negotiations.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office and business software.
- Ability to relate inventory to current project needs and create materials lists and operating plans.
Safety Policy and Practices:
The employee must be knowledgeable about and follow the Company's safety policies and procedures.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demand and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to drive, be mobile (walking/standing); to sit at a desk/use computer; to use hands for various tasks; to see and hear adequately to perform all essential functions and maintain a safe work environment in field and office settings.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the field work environment is usually loud but normal levels in the office.